Premier Truck Rental is seeking a CDL Driver. This position will be responsible for safely and efficiently completing necessary job tasks, including operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle and labor in the field as needed.
Premier Truck Rental, LLC. | Fort Wayne, Indiana
- $2,000 - $4,000 Monthly
This position will be responsible for safely and efficiently completing necessary job tasks, including operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle and labor in the field as needed. Compliance with all applicable DOT guidelines and regulations will be the core responsibility of the CDL Driver during the entirety of their interaction with any CMV.
- Perform pre & post-trip inspections thoroughly
- Maintain cleanliness and integrity of vehicle and equipment
- Immediately report any necessary repairs and/or maintenance needed
- Actively ensure compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT guidelines, including Log Book requirements and drug/alcohol screenings.
- Ensure the vehicle is consistently supplied with all proper paperwork
- Responsible for proper cargo securement prior to transit
- Safely operate any motor vehicle in compliance with all traffic laws and according to varying traffic/road conditions
This role is not a direct supervisory position. The CDL Driver will be responsible for working independently or with a crew and will report directly to the Dispatch Coordinator.Working Conditions
This position will have varying working conditions. Inclement weather will be a factor as well as other unforeseen working conditions. The potential exists to operate the vehicle in a variety of surroundings, including city and highway traffic flows as well as extended distances between destinations.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or Equivalent.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Car Hauler Experience preferred, but not required.
- Have a positive attitude towards work and co-workers.
- Work efficiently under stress.
- Can think logistically.
- Maintain pro-active and open communication with all team members.
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Airbrakes.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle.
- DOT Physical Examination and Medical Card required.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and Driver History Report.
- Effectively use maps and directions for efficient & compliant routing.
- Responsible for demonstrating understanding of proper loading and securing to prevent freight movement and ensure safe transport. Assist in loading/unloading as required.
A successful CDL Driver will safely and efficiently carry out all of the above listed qualifications at a minimum. Accountability, a good work ethic, positive attitude and excellent attention to detail are essential for this role.
About Premier Truck Rental
At Premier Truck Rental, we provide customers with the monthly 4x4 Truck Rentals you need to keep your crews working. Located out of Northeast Indiana, we are a family-owned and operated business with over 25 years of equipment rental experience. Our job is to give you the type of 4x4 rental truck you want, when you want it, and to make the process as seamless as possible.
Our work truck rental inventory is readily available to be shipped anywhere in the United States. From New York City to Chicago to Los Angeles, we serve cities in all fifty of the United States.